The Quebec self-employed worker program allows individuals to immigrate to Quebec to obtain permanent resident status and create their own job by working as an independent tradesperson or professional.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Intend to create their own job in Quebec
- Make a start up deposit of $25,000CAD if they plan to practice their trade or profession outside the Montreal Metropolitan Community (MMC) area, or
- Make a start up deposit of $50,000CAD if they plan to practice their trade or profession in the MMC area
- Have minimum net assets of $100,000CAD acquired legally either alone or in conjunction with their spouse/common-law partner
- Have at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade they intend to practice in Quebec
- Meet the minimum passing score under the Quebec Economic Class selection grid