This immigration program is for skilled workers who have been working or have worked in Canada and want to become permanent residents. To apply, they must make an Expression of Interest in immigrating to Canada as a PR and create an Express Entry profile online. They must receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) before they can submit an application for permanent residency.
CEC Eligibility Requirements
All applicants interested in applying under the CEC program must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have at least one year of full-time or equivalent in part-time paid skilled work experience in Canada (non-continuous allowed) in NOC 0, A, or B within 3 years (36 months) before applying. For students, this must be attained after graduation. Skilled work includes:
- Managerial jobs (skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (skill type A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
- Meet the language proficiency requirements through an approved test. If your job falls under NOC 0 or A, you must achieve at least CLB 7 and if it falls under NOC B, then you must achieve at least CLB 5
- You must intend to reside outside of Quebec as Quebec selects their own skilled workers. If you wish to reside in Quebec, you can apply to the Quebec Experience Class
Applicants who no longer live in Canada are also eligible to apply if they gained Canadian work experience within 3 years of leaving their job here.
The CEC program is based on a pass/fail system. If they meet the requirements, they will be able to enter the Express Entry pool of candidates.
Work experience not eligible under CEC:
- Self-employed work
- Work experience gained while a full-time student (including co-op)
Bonus for International Students:
The Canadian Experience Class is an ideal option for international students to gain permanent residency in Canada.
Simply apply to a Designated Learning Institute in Canada and complete your program of study. Upon graduation, you can stay in Canada for longer through a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) which is issued for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years, depending on the length of your study program. During this time, if you obtain at least one year of work experience in a skilled, professional, or technical field (NOC 0, A, or B), then you can be eligible to apply under this CEC program and enter the Express Entry pool of candidates.
Contact us for more information about the Canadian Experience Class or any other program.