The Quebec Investor program is a great option for investors with a high net worth and significant assets wishing to invest in the province of Quebec. Applicants that are successful are issued a selection certificate from Quebec that allows them to obtain permanent resident status.
Interested applicants for this program are assessed on a point system based on six factors under the Quebec Economic Class selection grid. These include: age, language proficiency, experience, education, level/areas of training, stay and family in Quebec, and the Investment Agreement. A minimum of 40 points must be acquired (maximum 94 points) with at least 10 points for management experience and 25 points under financial investment.
Candidates under the Quebec investor program may also be invited to an interview proceeding the initial review of their application.
- Have acquired $200,000CAD in net assets either alone or with your spouse or common-law partner. This amount excludes donations received less than six months before application is submitted
- Make a five-year term guaranteed investment of $1,200,000CAD
- Have at least two years of management experience within the last five years preceding the application for selection
- Intend to settle in Quebec
- Sign an investment agreement with an authorized financial intermediary (broker or trust company)
The investment amount of $1,200,000CAD is returned in full after five years, which makes this an investment without risk, a great advantage to this investor program.